I have been nominated for the Leibster Award! Thanks to fellow author Vanessa Wester for the nomination. (http://vanessawesterwriter.wordpress.com/)
As required by the Liebster nominee, I’ve pasted the Liebster award in my blog post and will provide a link back to the nominator’s blog. Next, I need to list 11 random facts about me, then answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated me.
Once that’s done, I then proceed to nominate 11 bloggers to follow after me and come up with 11 new questions for them. I post everything on my blog with the hope of bringing new readers to it.
Ok, so now I give 11 facts about myself. Here we go:
1. I’m a dork! –No really, my wife says so all the time. 🙂
2. I love to write and share my ideas, except by hand. I hate writing by hand…go figure.
3. I am a big fan of Robert Jordan and his Wheel of Time series. R.I.P. Mr. Jordan.
4. I love fantasy, science fiction, and even some paranormal stuff; I haven’t read the twilight series.
5. I love rock climbing. (although I haven’t done it for so long I’d fail at it now)
6. I like some of the classic manly things like fishing, hunting, and boating.
7. I commute 150 miles, round-trip, to work 40+ hours each week, and I’m also a student pursuing my degree. I almost have no time to sleep. 😉
8. I dream of writing an epic fantasy on par with Tolkien, Jordan, and others.
9. I read scientific periodicals.
10. I love sushi.
11. I don’t like big crowds.
1. What is your proudest achievement to date?
My proudest achievement would be: Somehow, getting my wife to agree to marry me. I still don’t know how that one worked.
2. Do you think family is important?
Yes, I think the family is one of the most important aspects to any society, in fact I would say that the family is the foundation on which society is built.
3. When you were a teenager, what was your ideal job?
When I was a teenager, my ideal job would have been to be a video game tester or race car driver.
4. Who is your role model?
My dad really, is one of my biggest role models.
5. Do you think being competitive is a good quality?
People need competition to stretch and grow, it is part of life. If competition is fair then yes I think being competitive is a good quality.
6. Where would you like to live if given the choice?
This one is hard, but if money were no issue than I’d take a tropical island.
7. Is money important?
Money is important as a medium of exchange, but otherwise no.
8. Music, TV or theatre?
I’ll take music please.
9. Do you feel strongly about anything?
Yes I feel very strongly about many things. I.E. Love, evil people, stupid politicians (oxymoron LOL), real accomplishment, and beautiful landscapes are just a few things I am passionate about.
10. Do you give up your time for others, i.e. volunteer?
Yes I do, although lately I have had almost no extra time to spend – full time work and school makes for very little. What’s this thing you call time?
11. Name an important historic event that means something to you.
The moon landing is huge in terms of dreams and accomplishment. It tells me that if I pursue with everything I have, that I may very well hit my target goals. “Aim for the stars and you may hit the moon.”
Now to nominate 11 blogs:
1. Who’s the most important person in your life and why?
2. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
3. Are you a little crazy?
4. What’s the worst thing you’ve done?
5. What’s the best?
6. Classical, rock, pop, country, or rap?
7. What are your thoughts on ghost writing?
8. How do you eat a lollipop?
9. Do you like little children?
10. Where would you hide treasure?
11. What is the absolute most important object in your life?
Bonus question: What’s your favorite food?